SECAL pre-congress workshop: Basic Management and Monitoring in the Pig
The student will be able to acquire basic skills in the management and performance of the simple procedures necessary for anesthesia and analgesia in the pig.
The student, under supervision of the teachers, will perform all the usual procedures in this species:
- General management.
- Application of anesthetic and analgesic protocols.
- Catheterization of veins and arteries.
- Basic intraoperative monitoring (ECG, pulse oximetry, capnography, invasive and non-invasive blood pressure, temperature)
- Basic principles of mechanical ventilation.
- Echographic location of venous accesses and anatomical structures.
Sara Puy López. Designated Veterinarian, CREBA, Lleida
Carlota Largo Aramburu. Responsible of Animal Welfare and Designated Veterinarian, “La Paz” University Hospital, Madrid.
Joseanne Willamil. Designated Veterinarian, Vall d’Hebron Insitut de Recerca (VHIR), Barcelona
The workshop is aimend to professionals accredited for functions C (carrying out the procedures in pigs) or F (designated veterinarian), described in the current Spanish laws on protection of animals used for scientific purposes (Real Decreto 53/2013 and Orden ECC / 566/2015 ).
No students: minimum: 12; maximum: 15.
Duration: 4 h.
Scheduled time: 10:00 – 14:00 h.
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: https://congresosecal.org/