Principles of vascular surgery for non-vascular surgeons (5th. edition)
October 25, 2018
Hands-on course in vascular surgical techniques, where basic principles for the surgical treatment of vascular lesions are taught. The classes and workshops are led by specialists in Angiology and Vascular Surgery, and General Surgery.
This course does not have any sections.
At the end of the course, students will have acquired the following skills:
- Knowing the type of suture and vascular specific instruments.
- Dissection and control of different vascular structures, both arterial and venous.
- Performing simple repair and vascular anastomosis.
Dr. Ljubica Sarmiento Marasovic. Vascular surgeon, “Arnau de Vilanova” Hospital, Lleida, Spain
Dr. Núria Torreguitart Mirada. Head of Vascular Surgery, “Arnau de Vilanova” Hospital, Lleida, Spain
Dr. Manuela Rodríguez Domínguez. Vascular surgeon, “Arnau de Vilanova” Hospital, Lleida, Spain
Dr. Marc Beisani Pellisé. General surgeon, “Hospital del Mar”, MAR Health Park, Barcelona, Spain
Dr. Jorge J. Olsina Kissler. Head of Department of Surgery, “Arnau de Vilanova” Hospital, Lleida, Spain
Surgeons in the last years of training or non-vascular surgical specialists, who occasionally face vascular injuries.
Number of students: 10.
- Dissection and vascular control.
- Arterial and venous closure.
- End-to-end anastomosis.
- Theoretical session.
- Practical session with scenic simulators of vessels and animal tissues.
- Practical session of experimental surgery in vivo (pig model).