CREBA holds a number of research projects that range from the refinement of surgical procedures and devices to the development of new disease models based on large animals.
We focus mainly on the porcine model, but not exclusively. Given the physical proximity and close collaboration with the Pig Research Center (CEP), an institution dedicated to controlled pig breeding, we can easily carry out long-term survival studies based on pig models with high quality standards.
The main lines that we are currently supporting are:
- Surgery of the abdominal wall. Principal Investigator: Dr. Rafael Villalobos, Experimental Surgery Research Group
- Chronic kidney disease and arteriosclerosis. Principal Investigator: Dr. Elvira Fernandez, Renal and Vascular Pathology Traslational Research Group
- Hepato-bilio-pancreatic surgery. Principal investigator: Dr. Jorge Juan Olsina, Experimental Surgery Research Group
- Severe peritonitis. Principal Investigator: Dra. Montiel Jiménez, Hospital Universitari Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- Sleep apnea. Principal Investigator: Dr. Ferran Barbe, Respiratory Medicine Traslational Research Group
A few brushstrokes of what CREBA and IRBLleida can offer you…
It will be a pleasure to help you with your experimental research. Check out our services!