The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) of the CREBA is the responsible body for ensuring the welfare of our animals.
Within the scope of its competence, correspond to the IACUC to give researchers the best advice on the following issues:
– Animal welfare during the experimental procedures, transportation, handling and care.
– Application of the Replacement, Reduction and Refinement (3Rs) principles.
– Animal rehousing or adoption regimes, including adequate socialization.
In addition, it is competence the IACUC the elaboration of the reports required to request authorization of a project (according to the European and Spanish law) and the monitoring of the studies developed in the CREBA.
PRESIDENT AND SECRETARY: Dolores C. García Olmo, veterinarian responsible for animal welfare and health of CREBA.
VICEPRESIDENT: Serafí Cambray Carner, researcher at the IRBLleida and associate professor at the University of Lleida.
– Marc Beisani Pellisé, attending surgeon at the General Surgery Service of the “Hospital del Mar”, MAR Health Park, Barcelona.
– Marcelino Bermúdez López, researcher at the IRBLleida.
– Carme Mias Carballal, surgical coordinator of CREBA, general surgeon of the University Hospital Arnau de Vilanova and associate professor of the University of Lleida.
– Sara Puy López, veterinarian at the CREBA.
– Manuel Sánchez de la Torre, researcher at the IRBLleida and associate professor at the University of Lleida.
– José Manuel Valdivielso Revilla, researcher at the IRBLleida and associate professor at the University of Lleida.